Most Popular and Delicious Italian Pizzas List
Whenever we think of Italian food, the thoughts of pizza come to our mind first. If there are 90% of people going out for Italian food, that means mostly they are going to eat pizza. After eating pizza I always bought microwave frozen pizza for the next day. My love for pizza is uncountable.
However, there are many countries that are famous for their national dishes. And there is a very few create international favorites. If you are in Italy, you will definitely see that there are two of the most popular dishes are pizza and pasta. There are many varieties of pizza and pasta recipes.
Interestingly, pizza doesn’t really start in Italy that we think. It was first made in the Middle East, where flatbread dishes are just used as a base for seasoned butter or side dishes and are eaten without using any particular utensils or plates. This early pizza was made by Greek mountaineers.
It is actually the plate itself that is edible, where thick broth or stews are eaten. It doesn’t look like the pizza we ate today. But today there are various types of pizza in Italy known as Pizza Margherita.
Italian pizza varieties
- Pizza Margherita – This pizza is first created by Cuen Margherita in 1899 when he visited Naples to avoid the cholera epidemic which had hit northern Italy. This pizza is usually made from basil, mozzarella, and tomatoes, following the color of the Italian flag.
- Pizza Pugliese – This is one of the best pizza made with local olives and local capers. It was also decorated with onions, mozzarella cheese, and tomatoes.
- Marinara Pizza – This is a traditional Neapolitan pizza with lots of garlic, anchovies and oregano.
- Pizza Alla Napoletana (Napoli) – This pizza is made with the help of anchovy, mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Sicilian Pizza – This pizza could be made from a variety of toppings which is easily available, including peas, seafood, boiled eggs, and green little olives.
- Veronese Pizza – This is only made with ham and mushroom pears.
- Capricciosa Pizza – This pizza is decorated with olives, artichoke hearts, half boiled eggs, ham and mushrooms.
- Ai Funghi e Salsicce Pizza (sometimes using Boscaiola) – This is a pizza that uses sausage, mushrooms, and mozzarella. The use of tomatoes is optional.
- Pizza Ai Quattro Formagi – It is made from four combinations of mozzarella cheese and three local cheeses such as Ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and Gorgonzola.
- Quattro stagioni – Quattro stagioni is a tomato based pizza which is divided into four different sectors, each representing the season.
Means for artichokes and olives in spring, for paprika in summer, for mozzarella and tomatoes in autumn and for eggs and boiled mushrooms in winter. This is a delicious pizza to try when offering ham, crock, artichoke, tomato, and mushroom salami.
- Italian Tuna – Tuna is my very favorite topping. It is wrapped in olive oil and is very much popular as a topping, especially when we do use of shrimp or anchovies wit this pizza.
- Pomodoro Pachina and Rughetta – It is generally decorated with the arugula and little cute red cherry tomatoes.
- Liguria Pizza – This has a topping with Boston Pesto and no tomato sauce.
- Pizza al taglio – Rustic pizza is another name of this tagilo pizza. This is quite popular throughout in Italy and this one is usually selling by measuring weight including artichokes, onions, or my favorite mushrooms.
- Dessert pizza – This type of pizza is a new trend that is increasingly popular. These are often made from ingredients such as yogurt, fruit jam, honey, Nutella, and sometimes even liquid or mustard.
- Pizza Focaccia – It is the most similar pizza to the earliest pizza. Have you ever imagine pizza without cheese? Well, it is made without using any cheese or tomatoes, but fully covered with caramelized brown onions, olive oil, and interesting toppings.
- Focaccia Al Rosmarino – Just like the name of this pizza, it contains olive oil and rosemary in it and is sometimes served with ham. This rosemarino pizza is mostly served as an excellent appetizer.
- Sfincione – This is a thick puff cake made in Sicily that uses anchovies (often anchovy paste), caciocavallo (or other local cheese), breadcrumbs, and tomato sauce.
- Romana Pizza – This pizza is prepared with anchovies, capers, mozzarella, and tomatoes.
- Italian Calzone – This is a smaller version than that made in America and is often filled with fresh vegetables such as mozzarella and spinach or meat.
For catering services you can choose a Mymandap.
If you found this article “Most Popular and Delicious Italian Pizzas List” interesting and worth reading then please don’t hesitate to share it with your social media friends.